I guess it turned out to be funfetti week. 🙂
I have made Cookie Dough Truffles once before, here. Instead of chocolate chip cookie dough, this time I went with funfetti.
Since all the recipes are slightly different, and I just recently made funfetti cookies, I decided to adapt my own recipe to be “egg free” aka pregnant lady friendly.
Speaking of pregnant lady, have you seen my new sidebar pic?! I’m going to try to keep it updated as I go now so you can all see whyyyy I am not posting very often.
Anyway, back to these cookie dough truffles.
Funfetti Cookie Dough Truffles
1 1/2 sticks salted butter (3/4 cup)
1 cup sugar
6 tbsp milk
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking powder
scant 1/2 tsp salt
2 cups flour
1 cup dry funfetti cake mix
4 tbsp any kind of sprinkles
1. Beat together butter and sugar. Add milk and vanilla, scraping beater as needed.
2. Add baking powder and salt, then slowly add flour then funfetti mix.
3. Add more sprinkles. I used a few different random packets of Karen’s Cookies sprinkles. I had been saving them up and this was the perfect opportunity to utilize them!
4. Line a cookie sheet with wax paper. Roll dough into tablespoon sized balls and lay on cookie sheet. Freeze until firm.
5. Melt candy melts in microwave. Using a fork, dip the balls into the candy and tap off any excess.
Return to the cookie sheet and sprinkle the top with more sprinkles.
6. Store in refrigerator.
My brother would absolutely LOVE these!!