What a mouthful!!
You’ll forgive the ridiculous name once you try these. I promise.
I’ve made Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles, Funfetti Cookie Dough Truffles, and M&M Cookie Dough Truffles.
These are a twist on the common white chocolate macadamia nut cookies… Which happen to be my husband’s favorite cookie of all time. His birthday was a couple weeks ago so I made these for him. They’re lumpy and not the prettiest, but OH SO GOOD.
Chocolate White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookie Dough Truffles
1 cup sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 sticks butter (1 cup)
6 tbsp milk (or milk substitute)
2 tbsp vanilla
2 1/4 cup flour
1/2 cup cocoa
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 cups white chocolate chips
1 cup chopped macadamia nuts, divided
Candy coating (I used CandiQuik)
1. Beat butter and sugars. Add vanilla and milk.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa, salt, and baking soda. Slowly add to wet mixture.
3. Stir in chips and nuts by hand.
4. Let dough chill for at least 2 hours.
5. Scoop into small balls on a waxed lined baking sheet and place in freezer to harden up. I did this the night before.
6. Melt the candy coating and dip each ball, tapping off the excess with a fork. Quickly top with chopped nuts.
7. Store in the fridge.
Even though I made these for my husband, I actually took most of them to work. We don’t need THAT much sweets around the house! There was a good portion of cookie dough left that hadn’t been dipped so I let him finish that off. 🙂
My coworkers LOVED these. One even proclaimed that if he could have any dessert ever in the world that he would choose these. Maybe it was because he was currently holding one, I don’t know… 🙂
I liked them because they weren’t overly chocolatey.. you know, because I don’t like chocolate all that much. But they were still chocolatey enough for the major chocolate lovers too!