I was designated dessert for our family Christmas Eve dinner. Sugar cookies weren’t going to work, and my mom was “cheesecaked out,” which vetoed my first idea.
After scouring one of my beloved Pinterest dessert boards, my husband and I came up with the idea for these Christmas Pizookies. (If you don’t know what a pizookie is, here is my original pizookie post.) They are a chocolate cookie base with peppermint and white chocolate chips, topped with peppermint ice cream.
Pizookies – recipe adapted from foodnetwork.com
1 cup sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 sticks butter (1 cup)
2 tbsp vanilla
2 1/4 cup flour
1/2 cup cocoa
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 cup peppermint chips (like these)
1. Beat butter and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa, salt, and baking soda. Slowly add to wet mixture.
3. Stir in chips by hand.
4. Let dough chill for at least 2 hours.
5. Press dough into ramekins or shallow dishes.
6. Bake at 325* for 20-30 minutes, checking every couple minutes for doneness. You want them to be dry looking but not necessarily all the way baked through.
7. Top with a scoop of peppermint ice cream while still warm.
I ended up being crazy busy when it came time to put these together, so my husband got everything ready per me calling out directions and measurements. He did a great job!
Hope you love these as much as we did. 🙂
One response to “Christmas Pizookies”
Sounds delicious! Hope you had a wonderful holiday 🙂