Best. Cupcakes. Ever.
I have been wanting to make these for a while, I’m not sure why I didn’t sooner. Especially since my brother was begging me to make him Snickerdoodle anything.
We were going out to dinner for my girlfriend’s birthday and I was craving baking. Didn’t really matter what – I just needed to make something! I asked my girlfriend what she would like me to make her, and she chose cupcakes. Easy enough! I gave her a few flavor ideas I have had stored away, and she picked Snickerdoodle. Thank you to her. They turned out fabulous.
Don’t be afraid of the amount of ingredients or the steps. These are so good that they’re worth it.
Snickerdoodle Cupcakes – makes about 15 cupcakes
1 1/4 cups cake flour (OR 1 cup + 1 tbsp + 1 1/2 tsp flour and 2 tbsp + 1 1/2 tsp cornstarch)
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cups milk
1/2 tsp white vinegar
3/4 cups sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup oil
1. Whisk together the flour, baking powder and soda, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
2. Measure the vinegar into a glass, then pour the milk on top of it. Let stand for at least 5 minutes.
3. Beat eggs for about 20 seconds, then slowly add the sugar. Add the vanilla, followed by the oil, and beat until fully combined.
4. Turn the mixer to the slowest speed, and slowly add the flour mixture and milk, alternating between the two. You don’t want it to get too thick or too runny in between.
5. Line a cupcake pan with liners and fill each about 1/2 way. Do not overfill!
6. Bake at 350* for 18 minutes. Touching the top of the cupcake, it should spring back when it’s fully baked.
7. Let cool for 5 minutes in the pan, then move to a wire rack to cool completely.
(My girlfriend also used the opportunity of having all her family and friends together to announce the sex of their upcoming baby! I wrapped the cupcakes in pink and blue for the occasion.)
My kitchen smelled amazing at this point. And they came out so perfectly golden brown!
For the frosting I made my Easy Buttercream Recipe, and added 1/8 tsp of cinnamon. I piped easy swirls, then sprinkled a little bit of cinnamon sugar over each.
So the last question is, is it a BOY?
… or is it a GIRL?
Here’s the Mama with her cupcake, letting us all know!
5 responses to “Snickerdoodle Cupcakes”
I am definitely going to try these, wow they look incredible! I hate to admit this but I’m almost certain I’ve never eaten a snicker doodle. I won’t know if I’ve made these cupcakes true to their cookie origins.
I haven’t either, haha! All I know is these are soooo good!
I don’t think I’ve ever had a snicker doodle! I have got to put that on my list. These look super delicious!!
Don’t you just love a good recipe that makes your kitchen smell amazing! I have never seen a snickerdoodle cupcake before. I want to make these the next time my family gets together. Thanks for amazing recipe:)