Don’t let the name fool you – these brownies are a very good thing.
I don’t know where the name came from, but it’s a real thing so I figured it made more sense to leave it be. Especially when they’re this good.
Let’s get right to it, shall we?
Just a quick note – There are multiple layers to these, so I listed some of the same ingredients twice. They’re listed in the order that you need them. Don’t be scared by the long list, these are easy! I put a line between each layer to help break it up.
Slutty Brownies – adapted from this recipe
1 1/2 sticks butter (3/4 cup), melted & slightly cooled
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg + 1 egg yolk
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups + 2 tbsp flour
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 ENTIRE pack of regular (aka Double Stuf) oreos – seriously don’t even eat one or two, you will be short!)
1 cup vegetable oil
2 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1 cup flour
2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1. First layer is chocolate chip cookie. Mix together melted butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Add the egg and egg yolk, and the vanilla, scraping the bowl if necessary. Mix in baking soda and salt, then slowly add the flour. Mix in the chocolate chips by hand.
2. Spray a 13×9″ pan with non-stick cooking spray. Press the cookie dough into the bottom of the pan. (My honey helped me.)
3. Press the oreos into the chocolate chip cookie dough. You might have to spread them out a little to make sure there is oreo across the whole surface. Might even have to break some in half to reach the bottom.
4. Time to make the brownie batter! Mix together the oil and sugar. Add vanilla and eggs. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour and cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Slowly add to wet mixture.
5. Carefully pour batter over oreos, making sure to cover them completely. Use a spatula to push batter into the corners and between all the oreos.
*I was feeling fancy so I added sprinkles. Totally optional. But let’s face it, everything is better with sprinkles*
6. Bake at 350* for 25-30 minutes. Check the doneness by sticking a toothpick in between where the oreos are to make sure the brownie batter is cooked thoroughly. Let cool completely before cutting. Seriously, let them cool.
I made these the night before going camping, and we didn’t have them until the 3rd night. I just covered the entire pan in foil and waited patiently!
5 responses to “Slutty Brownies”
OH man. These look so amazing. How did you not try the dough!? That is my problem with brownie dough right now 🙂 I just posted from fluffernutter blondies and I had to keep reminding myself not to eat the dough!
I’m not a big chocolate fan so the brownie batter wasn’t a problem. It’s the chocolate chip cookie dough that gets me! Luckily I had an eggless batch in my freezer for munching. It’s pretty much a necessity if you’re pregnant.
My daughter-in-law loves all things Oreo so I have to make these for her.
And Carrie, I need that egg-less cookie dough recipe so we can munch too! LOL
haha, Lisa here you go! https://cookiecarrie.com/2013/04/03/pregnant-lady-cookie-dough/
I love these! They’re called slutty brownies because they are so EASY to make! If you add caramel before the brownie mixture, they’re extra slutty. 😉