Birthday Oreos are back in stores.
This is cause for a celebration of birthday proportions. I give you, Double Birthday Blondies.
I started with my basic blondie recipe, and went to town.
Double Birthday Blondies
2 sticks butter (I use salted)
2 cups packed brown sugar (I used light)
2 tsp vanilla
2 pinches of salt
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup funfetti cake powder
about a dozen birthday Oreos, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Melt butter. Beat with brown sugar until smooth.
3. Beat in vanilla and egg, then add salt.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour and funfetti cake mix powder until all lumps are gone. Slowly add to batter and mix until fully incorporated.
5. Mix in Oreo chunks by hand.
6. Spray a 13×9 pan with non-stick spray, then pour batter into pan. Smooth out as evenly as possible.
7. Bake for 25 minutes, or until center is set. Let cool completely before cutting so that the ooey gooey inside can set.