Merry Christmas (Eve) friends!
Bringing this to my parents’ house for our Christmas Eve dinner. Needed something decadent because my family loves rich, heavy desserts.
I guess I am into chocolate chip cookie dough lately. I can’t help it, the stuff is so addicting! And way too easy to slap together.
Chocolate Cookie Dough Cheesecake
Cookie Dough Ingredients:
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, room temperature
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla
scant 1/3 cup milk (little less than 1/3 cup)
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (I used reg size but mini would work!)
Chocolate Cheesecake Ingredients: (adapted recipe from taste of home)
-For the crust-
1 1/3 cups crushed chocolate chip cookies (I used crunchy Chips Ahoy)
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 stick (4 tbsp) butter, melted
-For the filling-
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 (8oz) packages 1/3 less fat cream cheese
3/4 cup sugar
2 tbsp flour
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 tsp vanilla
whipped cream and/or chocolate drizzle for serving (optional)
Cookie Dough Directions:
1. Beat together butter and sugars until combined. Add vanilla and milk and beat, scraping if necessary. Whisk together flour, salt, and baking soda. Slowly add flour to wet mixture until completely combined. Stir in chocolate chips by hand.
2. Chill dough for about an hour to make dough easier to handle. Roll into 1″ sized dough balls, and place on a waxed paper lined cookie sheet. Place the whole pan in the freezer until balls are frozen solid.
**At this point the balls can be moved to a zip top bag and saved for later use. I actually used dough balls that had been in my freezer waiting for something spectacular to become a part of. Just make sure your roommates know not to eat them!**
3. You will only need about 25-30 cookie dough balls for this cheesecake. Cut frozen cookie dough balls into quarters, and place back in the freezer until ready for use. (Keeping the dough absolutely frozen until baking will ensure it doesn’t bake into cookies instead of staying cookie dough.)
1. Preheat oven to 350*F. Spray 9″ springform pan with non-stick spray if necessary.
2. In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs, sugar, and melted butter. Press into bottom and halfway up the sides of the pan. Set aside.
3. Microwave chocolate chips in 30 second intervals, stirring until smooth. Let cool slightly.
4. Beat the cream cheese, sugar, and flour in a large bowl until smooth. Add eggs and beat until just combined. Stir in vanilla then melted chocolate by hand. Be careful not to overbeat – overbeating will cause the cheesecake to crack while cooking.
5. Carefully fold frozen cookie dough chunks into cream cheese mixture. Pour into prepared crust and smooth out the top as best as possible.
(Sorry, forgot to take a photo here, I was anxious to get it in the oven!)
6. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until top looks dry and center is almost set.
7. Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes. Run a knife around the edge of the cake to loosen from the pan. Let cool completely, then cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
8. Remove from fridge 1-2 hours before serving. Remove springform ring and place on a cake plate or large platter. Top with whipped cream or chocolate drizzle if desired.
This dessert was SO rich that most of us couldn’t finish a slice. I should have cut it into smaller slices! It’s super moist and creamy, and the cookie dough is just heavenly tucked away in the rich chocolate.
Hope everyone has a fantastic Christmas!
2 responses to “Chocolate Cookie Dough Cheesecake”
You had me at cookie dough! Have a Merry Christmas!!!
OH MY! This looks delicious! I love cheesecake and chocolate 🙂
Thanks for sharing the recipe. I’ll be making this next month!