Today is National S’mores Day!
A friend of a good friend of mine is getting married today and I made her these S’more Pops as her wedding favors!
Aren’t the tags just adorable?
If you love s’mores, you have GOT to make these. They take no time at all to whip up a few, and I promise they taste sooo much better than you can even imagine they would. I’m pretty much addicted.
How to: (sorry no pics. It’s easy though I swear.)
1. Stand up the mallows on a flat surface.
2. Shove the sticks straight into the tops of the mallows without lifting the mallow from the flat surface. (The stick may be into the mallow crooked, but it should be straight up and therefore sturdier. If you hold the mallow while you shove the stick in, it will end up crooked like 46.5% of the time. Ugh.)
3. Melt chocolate chips or candy melts in the microwave. I did candy melts this time and it seemed easier/smoother. But either works fine and tastes great. By the way, I like to melt in a short drinking glass. It’s taller and less wide so the chocolate is deeper and easier for dipping.
4. Dip the sticked mallow and shake downward to get as much chocolate off as will drip off. Trust me, they’re messy if you skip this step.
5. Roll the chocolated mallow in graham cracker crumbs.
6. Set the mallow “stick up” on wax paper to set up.
6 responses to “Wedding S’more Pop Favors”
I love the tags and this sounds so yummy! I always miss the “National [fun food] Days” – my calendar is obviously lacking!
oh I would honestly have no idea except the fact that she chose the wedding day based on the fact that it was national s’mores day!
i say we make a calendar of all the national fun food days and resolve to do the fun ones next year! you in? 🙂
Sounds easy and super gooey yummy! I love the tags too!! Did you make them yourself?
actually I think the bride made them with her mom.
Just wanted to tell you thank you! I found your blog a while back looking for unicorn poop recipies lol and I was inspired by your decorated watermelon cookies. A few days later I tried them and now I am addicted to decorating cookies! Your work is amazing 🙂
How awesome!! Your comment just made my day 🙂 Thank you for checking out my blog and letting me inspire you! I checked out your site and your cookies are awesome!