My search for the perfect chocolate chip cookie has ended.
This is technically round 3 of my personal chocolate chip cookie challenge. This go-round I combined different elements from attempt 1 and attempt 2. The result is a thick, chewy, loaded-with-good-stuff cookie with perfectly balanced flavors.
Here is my recipe:
1 1/2 sticks butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
2 cups + 2 tbsp flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
1 cup oats
1. Preheat oven to 350*F.
2. Melt butter, then set aside to cool down.
3. Mix together the flour, salt, and baking soda. Set aside.
4. Mix together the sugars. Add the butter and mix well. Then add the vanilla and eggs and mix well again.
5. Add dry ingredients and mix until completely combined. Stir in chocolate chips, walnuts, and oats.
6. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. Use a cookie scoop (or spoon) to make 2 tbsp sized balls and space them about 2 inches apart on the cookie sheet.
7. Bake for 12 minutes. Let cool on the cookie sheet for 10 minutes before moving cookies to drying rack.
Self proclaimed challenge complete… now I have to find a new goal to work on…