These cupcakes are life changing.
Life changing. Seriously.
I’m going to just get right into it.
Snickers Cupcakes with Chocolate Rose Frosting
1 box white cake + water, oil, and eggs called for
1/4 cup brown sugar
3-4 snickers bars
1 stick of butter, cut into pieces
1/4 cup cocoa powder
3 tbsp + 1tsp milk
2 tsp vanilla
1 lb (16 oz) powdered sugar
1. Cut snickers into small pieces, spread out on a glass plate, and put into the freezer for 30 minutes. This will keep them from melting when you bake the cupcakes.
2. Mix together the water, oil, and 1/4 cup brown sugar. Slowly add the cake mix until fully combined, then add the eggs.
*For the record, I forgot the last part. Yup, I forgot eggs. They still came out great, but they kind of crumble apart as you try to eat it. Tells me that if you are vegan, you can make these without eggs and they’re still amazing!!**
3. Use a cookie scoop or a 1/4 cup to scoop batter into your cupcake liners.
4. Remove the snickers pieces from the freezer and shove a few into each cupcake.
5. Bake at 350* for 18-20 minutes.
Mine came out puffy but sank in a bit after cooling. I don’t know if this is because I forgot the eggs or if they will do that anyway, but I thought I would mention it just in case it happens to anyone else.
6. To make the frosting, mix together the butter and cocoa powder, adding the milk slowly to make a fudgy paste. Add the vanilla, then slowly mix in the powdered sugar.
This frosting is not too chocolaty, because the cupcake is really sweet and rich already.
I took a couple photos to show how I made the frosting roses. You basically start in the center and go around in a circle while squeezing out frosting. When you get to the outside, stop squeezing and pull to stretch the end of the rose.
The insides are gooey and rich, and absolutely perfect!