Halloween for parents = way too much candy in the house.
I have a solution that might help, at least a little bit. These brownies. They are LOADED with Milky Ways.
Yes I’m a parent now, but my little one isn’t exactly trick-or-treating hard core yet. Soo I kind of cheated. I used these cool Milky Way Bites that I found when shopping at my local Kmart. (The store is closing so there were killer deals!)
If you ARE a parent of a hard-core trick-or-treater and find yourself in excess of Halloween candy, just chop up a bunch of fun sized Milky Way bars (or Snickers or 3 Musketeers, whatever is your thing..) and dump them into the brownie batter. No need to buy special little candy bites!
Milky Way Brownies – adapted from this recipe
1 cup vegetable oil
2 cups sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1 cup flour
2/3 cup cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2-3 cups chopped up candy bars (I used 2 whole bags of Milky Way Bites)
1. Preheat oven to 350*. Line a 13×9 pan in foil, then spray with non-stick cooking spray. (The candy is going to be ooey gooey sticky and you don’t want it to stick to the pan!)
2. Mix together sugar and oil. It should look like slushy snow.
3. Add eggs and vanilla. Don’t overmix.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Slowly add to sugar mixture.
5. Mix in candy by hand.
6. Pour into prepared pan. I love how lumpy it looks with all that candy!
7. Bake at 350* for 30 minutes. Check with a toothpick (between candy pieces if possible) to make sure center isn’t too wet/uncooked.
8. Let cool COMPLETELY. Seriuosly. These will be a disaster if you try to cut them while still warm.
If you don’t care about that then by all means – plop some ice cream on top too! I bet that would taste amazing…
The foil lining makes it super easy to just lift the whole brownie sheet out of the pan. Then just peel back the sides and cut away.
These brownies are pretty rich, even without the candy, so cut them into smaller pieces… besides, they share better that way. Unless sharing isn’t your thing. ;-)
Look at those gooey chunks… Mmmm…
My poor brother.. he’s going to be so jealous…
I know I always say I don’t like chocolate… well I realized I have quite a few brownie recipes on here now, so I added a category “brownies,” which can be seen in the right-hand column of this webpage. Hope this makes it easier to find the brownie recipes you’re looking for!